THREE DAY FIRST AID AT WORK
This 3 day course is accredited and follows a set syllabus in order for learners to attain a Level 3 qualification in First Aid at Work. And other roles as required/appropriate.
This course is aimed at Nurses and Managers.
Aim of the programme
To equip learners with the first aid skills required to enable them to deal with a range of emergency and non-emergency situations, and to act safely and in line with current guidelines and regulations.
By the end of the session learners will be able to
- Describe key points relating to first aid legislation, risk assessment, calling emergency services, and record-keeping.
- Demonstrate effective management of incidents and casualties.
- Demonstrate effective treatment of unconscious casualty, and Basic Life Support including CPR
- Identify signs and treatment of bleeding, minor/major, injuries to bones, muscles and joints, eye injury.
- Identify signs and treatment for shock, choking, asthma, major allergic reaction, burns and scalds
- Identify signs and treatment for Heart attack/angina, minor/major seizures, stroke, diabetes
NOTE This qualification is valid for 3 years.
ONE-DAY EMERGENCY FIRST AID COURSE
This course is aimed at staff working in both health and social care environments and also in all other environments were emergency first aid awareness is a requirement. This course follows the syllabus of day 1 of the FAW course