This course will enable learners to have an increased understanding of different learning disabilities and a better understanding to help them support and communicate with people they support. This includes an awareness of Autistic Spectrum disorders and Aspergers Syndrome.
OVERVIEW OF COURSE CONTENT
By the end of this programme learners will be able to:
- Describe the signs, symptoms and features of different learning disabilities across the range of diagnosis
- Describe how having a learning disability has an impact on a person,s life
- Explore the difference between what is defined as a learning disability, a learning difficulty, and mental health problems.
- Learners will have increased confidence and competence in supporting people in a better way
- Communicate effectively with people in their preferred method of communication, which may not be verbal.